Friday, March 23, 2007

Official PhD Student

This week I received notification of PhD confirmation.

The application for conversion from Masters to PhD stated 6-8 processing time. I needed to be confirmed before date of travel which was 11th April. Since I was not ready to convert before my leave in February, I had to do it immediately after my return for the 6-8 week allowance. However, I found out on Wednesday through the School of Graduate Studies that I have been confirmed. The confirmation process requires a departmental seminar, a conversion report, a progress report and a meeting with the student's committee (along with all the relevant forms). I fulfilled all the criteria and handed in the forms on 27th of February and on Wednesday, I went to SGS to discover that I have been confirmed on their records. I was pleasantly surprised that in less than 3 weeks I have been confirmed and registered officially as a PhD student.

No comments: